India is no.1 in road accidents among all countries. About 1.5 lakhs of people are killed in road accidents per year in India and there is a loss of Rs.75,000 crore , that includes compensation, asset loss, time and energy spent on police, hospital and court cases etc which is enough to feed 50% of the nation's malnourished children according to World Health Organization (WHO).
In order to reduce significant number of Road accidents and fatalities, R-SAFE was born at CHENNAI on 26th day of September,2014 by J.Krishnamoorthy (FOUNDER & AUTHOR OF THE TRUST) who is desirous of creating a Trust for Public, Social and Charitable purposes. R-SAFE is organizing, Awareness programmes for School/College Students, Employees/Executives of Corporate, Drivers of organized/Unorganized sectors, Seminars/Campaigns.
• To influence the School & College students with the message of safety on roads and recommend it to be included as part of the school and college curriculum and make it a nationwide movement.
• To mobilize and train youth from schools & colleges to spread awareness of road safety issues among public and transform them as vibrant volunteers of road users safety.
• To Create Road users safety club in all schools/ colleges for targeted intervention
• To organize cultural events and competitions emphasizing the message of safety on roads and spreading the message through various media.
• To create sensitization among the general public by involving them in rallies, human chain, drawing / quiz competitions, etc related to road safety covering all age groups.